Terms & Conditions
Guest Terms and Conditions of Trade
Thank you for your interest in booking a short term rental at The George – Sorrento.
Should you proceed to make a booking with us, you will be deemed to have read, accepted and agreed to all our Booking Terms and Conditions as set out below.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- 1. Payment of deposit or total fee for your booking indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- 2. The property is let to you for short term/holiday purposes only and for the period stated in your booking invoice. You must not use the property for any purpose other than that of a holiday.
- 3. Seven consecutive nights will be charged as one week.
- 4. Payment can be made by Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) or via Electronic Funds Transfer to the following account:
Norwood Property Management Pty Ltd
National Australia Bank – Elsternwick VIC
BSB: 083 231
Account No. 17906 7191
Please advise property name eg. The George, Your surname, Arrival Date, in the appropriate details box when processing payment via EFT.
- 5. A deposit of 50% of the total fee is required to confirm your booking. The balance is payable 14 days prior to your arrival. If you book less than 3 weeks prior to your arrival, the total fee (i.e. 100%) must be paid to confirm your booking. For the Christmas/New Year period balance of payment is due 6 weeks prior to your arrival.
- 6. The balance of payment will be charged to the same credit card that was used to pay the deposit (unless we are informed otherwise), 14 days prior to your arrival.
- 7. You must only provide credit card details for which you are authorized to use.
- 8. Use of Visa and MasterCard incurs a surcharge of 2%. American Express incurs a surcharge of 3%.
- 9. If you cancel or reschedule you’re booking less than 6 weeks prior to the scheduled commencement of your stay, your deposit is not refundable if, after making all reasonable efforts to do so, we are unable to obtain an alternative booking of equal value. A minimum $100 cancellation fee will apply to all cancellations or rescheduled bookings. If the booking has been made via a 3rd Party booking agent, additional cancellation fees may apply to cover any commissions paid. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance to cover you in the event of an unforeseeable cancellation.
- 10. Once full payment is made, no refunds will be given.
- 11. Security for payment required under these terms and conditions must be provided by credit card.
- 12. Invoices are issued, and payment must be made in Australian Dollars
- 13. By making payment of the total fee, you have an exclusive license to occupy the property for the days specified when you book (but not possession).
In all cases a security bond will be held via a Pre-authorization on your Credit Card. The security bond will be released, subject to our inspection of the property within 14 days of your departure.
- 14. The number of guests staying at the property must not exceed the number agreed to in the booking details. The use of tents/Caravans or sleeping in motor vehicles adjacent or on the property is not permitted. In the event that any additional persons stay at the property, an additional fee may be charged according to our usual rates and/or we reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund.
- 15. Functions and parties are strictly prohibited. Any type of function, party, or gathering of people in excess of the number of people specified in the booking, may incur a function fee of between $1000 and $5000. This fee will be determined at the absolute discretion of the property owner, is non-negotiable and will be debited from your credit card, or recovered by other means. In addition to this fee, additional cleaning and repair/replacement costs may be charged.
- 16. The Property does not allow pets. In the event that pets are entering or staying at the property we reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund. In that case we will not be responsible for finding or funding alternative accommodation.
- 17. The property is non-smoking indoors. We reserve the right to terminate a guest’s stay without refund if we become aware of guest’s or friend’s of guest’s smoking indoors. There may also be additional cleaning fees to remove any smoke fumes from the property.
- 18. You will agree to any other reasonable house rules which may be made available to you at the property.
- 19. Guests are required to enter and exit the property quietly.
- 20. The noise level must be inaudible to neighboring properties between 10pm and 8am Sun – Thur, and between 11pm and 9am Fri – Sat.
- 21. All guests are expected to behave in a manner that does not cause distress to neighbors or interfere in any way with their right to enjoy their properties. We reserve the right to remove guests who do not adhere to this code of behavior. In these cases, no refund will be due, and we will not be responsible for finding or funding alternate accommodation, nor will we be responsible for any other associated costs.
- 22. Guests may not engage in any illegal activity at the property.
- 23. Functions/Parties – The George is utilized for the express purpose of family holidays, functions, parties and group gatherings are not permitted and as such reports of above mentioned will result in breach of contract and your tenancy will be terminated and no refund will be due. In the event we are notified by neighbours post your stay that a party/function was held at the property your bond/guarantee will be forfeited.
- 24. As owners of the property we may need access to the property occasionally. We will notify you by email or phone at least 24 hours prior, unless we have made verbal arrangements or it is a matter of urgency. If however we have reason to believe that the property is being used for any reasons that contravene our terms and conditions we reserve the right to enter the property without notice.
Check in and Check out
- 25. Check in is at 3pm on your arrival date. Check out is at 10.00am on your departure date. You must vacate the property by 10am sharp on your departure date to facilitate change over cleaning etc. Whilst we are more than happy to provide early Check In and late Check Out wherever possible, this can only be confirmed at the last minute as it is dependent on other bookings at the time. Failure to adhere to those procedures could result in the incurring of additional costs.
Breakages, Losses and Guest Charges
- 26. You are responsible for leaving the property in the state in which you found it on arrival. All breakages or losses must be reported to us immediately. Whilst we will not pursue reimbursement for minor accidental damage or normal wear and tear, the total cost of making good any other damage or loss to the property, garden or contents will be charged for using the credit card provided for payment (or left for security). Please note this includes the removal of consumable items from the property which are provided for guest use whilst in-house and are not intended as individual use presentations (examples include laundry powder, dishwashing liquid, toiletries provided in dispensers etc).
- 27. It is our policy to have all locks changed if keys are lost or not returned. All associated costs will be charged to the credit card provided for payment (or left for security) if this occurs. Similarly any remote controls will be replaced at your cost if lost or not returned.
- 28. Standard cleaning services on your departure are included in your rates. The property may also include interim cleaning services for stays of longer than 8 nights. Guests are expected to leave the property in a neat and tidy state without the need for extensive, excessive cleaning. You are responsible for all cleaning charges in the event that the property is left in a state that requires more than standard cleaning. This will be charged for using the credit card provided for payment (or left for security).
- 29. Reasonable usage of electricity, gas, internet and any other utilities provided at the property are included in your rates. Excessive use (more than 30% increase compared to similar periods) of any of these utilities may be charged for using the credit card provided for payment (of left for security). If charges are passed onto the Guest, evidence of charges will be provided upon request.
- 30. When internet access is provided. The property owner will provide the equipment and a valid user account in good faith, and cannot be held responsible for anything arising from its use or temporary non-availability. Any service difficulties, once reported to the property owner will be relayed to the service provider for rectification.
- 31. We include local telephone calls in the rate, up to 6 calls per day. Costs for additional calls may be passed onto guests.
- 32. We are not liable for loss to you of any personal belongings while you are in the property. Guest items found by cleaning staff are kept for 6 weeks before discarding. It is the guest’s responsibility to follow up any items that may have been left behind at the property.
- 33. You should not wait until you return home before complaining about any matter as no inspection can be carried out when others are occupying the property. We welcome hearing from you in relation to any complaints or concerns and prefer that you phoned us immediately so that matters can be resolved quickly.
- 34. The place of law is Victoria and the courts of Victoria have exclusive jurisdiction.
- 35. Your occupation of the property may be terminated by Norwood Property Management without notice in the event that you breach any material term or condition or in the event that any amount due is not paid.
- 36. Norwood Property Management cannot be held responsible for failure or interruption to power or services to the property for reasons beyond our control.
- 37. Norwood Property Management is not liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damage or loss of profits which result from use of the property and services provided to you.
- 38. Norwood Property Management reserves the right to relocate a booking to an alternative property of similar standard and location at any time. In this instance, guests will be offered either a full refund OR asked to confirm their stay at the alternative property.
- 39. We cannot be held responsible for the decisions of the owners of the premises (i.e. sale of the property, alterations/repairs, withdrawal of the premises from letting or other act), which may effect this booking. In the event of a property becoming unavailable, full monies paid will be refunded.