Sorrento is a sparkling jewel in the Mornington Peninsula crown.
Just 90 minutes from Melbourne, The George holiday house is positioned right at the hub of this quaint beach village. With such a fantastic location, you’d expect The George to be close to everything. Well it is.
If you’re looking for a holiday home to rent that offers beaches, walks, boutique shopping, cafes and fine dining or local artwork, The George has it all. And you won’t need to move the car out of its secure off street parking.
Getting to The George
Sorrento village is located a short distance from Portsea on Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula.
Take the Mornington Peninsula freeway to its terminus. Follow signage to Portsea along Point Nepean or Melbourne Roads. The George beach house is around 90 minutes from Melbourne.
Sorrento is connected directly to the Bellarine Peninsula by the popular Queenscliff car ferry. Operating at hourly intervals, the ferry journey takes around 30 minutes. Disembark in Sorrento.
Within 200m, Route bus 787 operates between Safety Beach and Sorrento along Ocean Beach Road.
The George beach house is around 150m from Sorrento township where you’ll discover a wide array of retail, dining and entertainment venues, including:
- Banks, medical & professional services
- Art galleries, giftware and garden centres
- Fashion or surfwear for men, women & children
- Cafes, bars & award-winning fine dining
- Cinema & amusement centres
- Health, beauty & wellness therapies
Chilling out nearby
When you aren’t enjoying our homely facilities, explore the natural beauty of Sorrento front beach, located just 300m from The George’s fantastic location. Historic parklands including the popular Sorrento Gardens are also positioned within easy walking distance.
Further afield in Mornington Peninsula
Mornington Peninsula is renowned for indulgent experiences, gourmet produce and sporting facilities. Among the areas more popular activities are:
- Kite surfing, horse riding and world class golf venues
- Hallmark Australian Pinot Noir, Chardonnay other varietal wineries
- Abundant organic produce and sumptuous gourmet foods
- Luxurious spas, including the celebrated Peninsula Hot Springs
- Click days to check beach house availability
- Green indicates your holiday dates are open
- Enquire about your short term holiday rental
- Blue indicates no vacancy for dates required